We're here to answer your questions and help you avoid paying unnecessary fees
- What's the best place to buy a domain? That's an easy one: NameSilo - no hidden fees and free privacy features
- What’s the difference between my registrar and my host?
- What should I be paying for my needs – and how can change providers to cut costs?
- I'm being asked to "verify" my domain
- I need to make changes to my DNS
- I want to leave GoDaddy, Register.com, 1-and-1 or another confusing host with a proprietary setup
- How do I secure my site?
- What's the best way to process payments securely – and conveniently for my customers?
As a beginning website owner you may wondering about basic definitions such as domains, hosts, and registrars. We’re here to help every step of the way.
How much should I be paying?
There is a lot of information and misinformation out there regarding your choices and the money you can spend on various services. We’re sick of seeing people spending too much money on simple web services, or getting scammed by scary notices about “protecting” your domain. Why should you be paying for GoDaddy’s Super Bowl ads?
One of the most common question we get is, “should I go with a prefab website like SquareSpace?” Is the convenience of that solution worth the limitations and recurring fees? For some it can be, when you clearly know the limits of what your website would like to accomplish — or you know you won’t need to tweak the design or add features in the foreseeable future.
But many organizations don’t know what opportunities lie ahead for their website to help their business succeed. There are literally thousands of plugins — powerful additions to the WordPress platform that can promote your business and increase the efficiency of making sales.
We’ll work with you in direct conversation — not a webinar — to educate you on the basics so you can focus on your core business, knowing you’re deciding and spending wisely on your digital infrastructure.